CDLA is a statewide organization that is nearly 800 members strong, is dedicated to the defense of civil actions and the promotion of fairness and integrity in the civil justice system.
The organization is comprised of attorneys who defend the interests of business and individuals in civil litigation. CDLA members benefit from access to resources and tools for legal professionals who strive to provide superior and balanced service to their clients. CDLA is host to five substantive committees whose focus is to develop ongoing and critical dialogue about areas of practice.
Some of our membership benefits include:
- Resources and tools to help grow your practice
- Access to listserves, including archival post search
- CLE seminars covering a variety of relevant, current topics
- Annual conferences
- Network with 790+ like-minded defense practitioners.
CDLA has served the defense bar for over 30 years and focuses on five main goals:
- Education: Teach and develop our members in order to improve the skills of the defense law practitioner.
- Justice: Strive for improvement in the civil justice system.
- Balance: Act as a counterpoint to the plaintiff's bar and seek balance in the minds of potential jurors and on all fields where disputes are resolved in the justice system.
- Economics: Assist members in dealing with the economic realities of the defense law practice, including the competitive legal marketplace.
- Professionalism and Service: Urge members to practice ethically and responsibly, extending beyond the interest of the client to the good of society as a whole.
Hot Topics in Medical Malpractice – Part One
May 31, 2022, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Lisa Leasure, Faraci Leasure, LLC;
Mark A. Fogg, Childs McCune, LLC; and
Kevin J. Kuhn, Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell, LLC
To Register, click here
More events + details